Introduce Yourselves!

Home Forums Month 1: Mintorship Kickoff Introduce Yourselves!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mintorship Admin
    Keymaster

Please share the following details with the rest of your cohort:

• Name
    • Industry
    • Hobbies
    • Favorite Quote & Why
    • Why Do You Want to Be An Entrepreneur

Respond to at least two other Mintees!

Kareen Angarita
    Participant

Hello Everyone! I am Kareen Angarita, a recent graduate of Rutgers University who will be starting her career in consulting this November! I recently fell into the incredible habit of reading and have been trying to read as many novels as I can. As far as my favorite quote, it is hard for me to choose just one as I have been able to relate to different quotes at different stages in my life! But the one I recently resonate with is, “Knowledge is power, only when you act on it”, which reminds me a lot about what entrepreneurship is about. I like to say that the Entrepreneur gene was passed on to me from my father, now that just like him, I have always been passionate about the art of business and have enjoyed starting things from scratch.

Feel free to reach out to me and I am looking forward to hearing all of your stories!

Lord Hyeamang
    Participant

My name is Lord Hyeamang. I graduated from Columbia University with a B.A. in Psychology and a special concentration in premedical studies. I am currently signed to the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League.
    I enjoy reading, working out, listening to music, and podcasts. I also love watching anime.

Favorite quote: “How can you complain about your plate being full when the goal was to eat?” I like this quote because often times when we reach goals we have been working for or encounter a situation that take us out of our comfort zone we forget that the struggle is part of the process.

I want to be en entrepreneur because this pandemic, as well as the cancellation of the CFL season, has shown me the importance of multiple income streams.

Rafael Rodriguez
    Participant

My name is Raf Rodriguez. I am a current sophomore at Washington University in St. Louis majoring in Psychology & Marketing with a minor in Children’s Studies. I am looking to pursue a career in Business Consulting right after undergrad!
    I enjoy watching mystery, horror movies! Especially when they are psychological thrillers. I also love to hang out with my dogs, go explore different restaurants with friends, and eat lots of food!
    Favorite Quote: “I love when people underestimate me and then become pleasantly surprised”-Kim Kardashian. I recently was directed to this quote, but I actually resonate with it sooo much! Constantly being viewed as the underdog but still coming out on top is such an amazing feeling unlike any other.
    I want to be an entrepreneur because I want to understand the other side of consulting and explore the mentality of business-owners, further delving into the daily operations such as; the worries of starting a business, the risks that are taken, etc.
    Feel free to reach out !!!

— Hey, what’s good everyone my name is Dennis Constanza I’m from the Port of LA (San Pedro) and I graduated from the George Washington University in D.C. in May with Political Science.
    — At first, I thought I wanted to get into the legal or political fields, but slowly made my pivot into the private sector with Tech. I’ll be starting with LinkedIn as a BLP associate in January and currently working with a non-profit called MLT based in Bethesda until then. I’m looking to explore VC and Real Estate going forward.
    — Aside from learning, I’m passionate about music/festivals (listening hip hop/EDM/lo-fi, and I hope to learn the guitar w/in the next year), trying to get an adrenaline rush, and speaking with people. My family is from Guatemala so I thoroughly enjoy Latin food (aka tamales).
    — Favorite quote would have to be “Don’t compare yourself to who others are today, compare yourself to who you were yesterday,” by a psychologist called Jordan Peterson. I get stuck in my head sometimes and reading this quote reminds me that my state of mind should be dependent on my own rate of improvement.
    — I realized that providing resources to underserved communities didn’t need to be contained in the legal or political science fields halfway through college. Instead, I felt that I could deliver more value with a different kind of autonomy available as an entrepreneur. So it’s a dual thing of helping provide for my family (first-gen, low-income), and building an empire that can serve both as an example to those that come after me and provide the resources/influence necessary to mitigate the disparity of economic opportunity.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.